October 05, 2008

Zaccheus and I could be friends.

One my favorite people in the Bible. Okay, Jesus, Mary and Joseph are pretty good too, but Zaccheus is my friend. A short tax collector who after eating with Jesus converts.

Okay, so here is a man who was in the crowds with thousands of others to see this man called Jesus who is the Savior of the world. She is the chief tax collector which means he is the mob leader. This man is short and a man well respected and feared by many, is climbing up a tree to see someone. Can you imagine the man in charge of the mob climbing a tree. I think not. He does so because I know is looking for greatness. That is where the story changes. As Jesus is passing by, he says, "Zaccheus, come down from that tree and I am going to your house for dinner." Jesus was searching for HIM!!

Zaccheus is the only other person other than the apostles that Jesus calls out by name in the Bible. Which means you know he was being called out. As good Christians we are constantly wanting God to desire us. But guess what. He does desire us and wants he us to desire him.

So I pray for you as you pray for me to start desiring to love Jesus as he is always desiring you.
Luke 9:1-10

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!