November 13, 2006

There has been a lot more silence

I cannot believe sometimes that this my job. I am sitting here in the student center like I do most days just waiting for people to come visit me. Sometimes they are late, sometimes I am late, but it never fails I usually sit here in silenced for a little bit. I look up now and everyone is in their own different world. UNO campus reminds me a lot of the movie Mean Girls and the scene in the mall where the people turn into animals. Not saying that everyone is an animal, but definitely in their own worlds.

How can we break this and make conversations. I am not too sure but once you figure that out, let me know. I try and try, but the devil and fear gets the best of me.

I started playing the guitar yesterday. I have had this guitar for over three years and yesterday I installed the program.."Teach Yourself to Play The Guitar." We will see what happens. I know the E string pretty well now, well sort of. It's all about patience, something that has been challenging me greatly lately.

I ask you for the prayers to shine the Light of our Lord to others, as I do pray for you.

Enjoy the silence in our lives because more than likely that is God trying to finally get His voice out there to you when you are so distracted with all the noise that this world has to offer.

0 comments: