April 03, 2007

30 Degrees; Feels like 16

So when its 30 degrees and it feels like 16, what better way than to watch some baseball. I wanted to watch some baseball tonight; Lincoln vs. Creighton. I found some girls to go with me and yeah ummm way too cold. What kind of genius decides to do this? That would be me.

A lot ask why do you love baseball so much. It's because when I am sitting there at the game, I feel like baseball is the story of my life and the way I choose to pursue my relationship with our Lord. These are just some questions I ponder and there are so much more. I wish at times that my energy and zeal of baseball would translate into my relationship and commitment to our Lord.

  • Why is it I leave home early to be at the game on time? But when it comes to attending mass, I leave home right in time in the morning for the first reading?
  • Why is it in baseball, when the score is 1-9, and its the top of the second, you wait til the end because you still have hope. But when it comes to life, and we are thrown some fastballs and curves, we automatically quit.
  • Why is it when we are planning on buying tickets you try to get the best seat you can afford? But when it comes to mass, we sit in the back and watch the greatest show on earth from a distance.
  • Why is it we are willing to buy the 3.00 hot dogs and the 4.00 drinks? But when it comes to tithing we cannot bare to give a little extra that week?
Anne is a little cold.

Irene and Beth are trying to warm themselves up.

Lord, I ask for faith like baseball.

0 comments: