April 02, 2007

Spring is in the air

How do I know this? Because since Friday, I have been surrounded with the beautiful game of baseball. I am spell it already, fresh cut grass, peanuts, hot dogs...seriously I cannot stop but smile.

Friday afternoon, I went to my first ever Creighton game. To tell you the truth, it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but it was perfect weather. I was a UNO student leader and friend, Josie, watching some baseball, talking about God, and eating some sunflower seeds. Now that is a perfect Friday afternoon. Some of the best conversations are those that are one-on-one and when they include baseball, they are that much sweeter.


Not sure if you can tell but that is me hitting the ball on a Sunday afternoon intramural softball game. My first time on bat since 5th grade and I hit the ball and made it to first safe. Yeah, I love my God. You know I am a theory, God loves the underdogs and well He must have a special place in His heart for me, because I am just that.


Here is TEAM FOCUSS [Fellowship of Catholic University Softball Students]. They might not all be involved with FOCUS, but I am sure they all love God and this is a good start.

LASTLY...I am not sure you are ready for this....THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS WON. Yes, that is right, the Home Opener against Boston and THEY WON! The score 1-7. This is going to be a good year, I can just feel it.

0 comments: