May 25, 2007

Everyone's Hero

You know you are baseball's fan, when you come home from a baseball game and you sit down and watch a baseball movie. Tonight my mother took to the Royals game. Sadly enough even though they had won 8 of their last 10 games, they lost big tonight. 10-3. Yeah it wasn't the most of exciting game to watch, but I spent some good time with my mother.

Two days before I leave for FOCUS training I am in a daze of the new journey God has asked me to do. To be completely honest, I am afraid. But I think about this movie we watched tonight. This little boy doesn't have the best of skills. He is rather horrible at what he loves doing actually. But he has the passion and love of the game. With a little help and teachers here and there through his journey, he's skills improve. He develops confidence that at the beginning was non-existence. Its what in your heart that reflects who you are.

"It just goes to show you, you can be the smallest, you can be the weakest, and you can be the worst player on the field. But when people tell you are no good, and say you should give it up. You know what you should do? You should just keep on swinging."

I have a feeling that sometimes our Lord in heaven tells us this all the time, but we are too busy with our lives that we forget to listen. We feel so weak that no matter what do or say will make a difference. Well, our Lord is definately telling us to keep on swinging. Lord help me. Let me learn how to keep on swinging.

0 comments: