May 06, 2007

Good Foundation = Good Day


So its the end of the year and I wanted to leave something behind for my disciples. I thought I could buy them a good book, but let's be honest...how many books do we own that we have gotten through the first 50 pages and never actually finished? I thought I would make them something.

Every since I have lived alone, I have it that arts and crafts are a good way to make the time go by fast. I went to the dollar store and bought, a glue gun, glue sticks, three frames, and a bag of small rocks. For under eight dollars I created myself a little project.

How many of us have heard the story in the seventh chapter of the Gospel of Matthew on rock and sand. We have heard it a million times, in order to have a good foundation we need a foundation of rock. Storms will come it is not avoidable, but you can withstand them with a foundation of rock instead of sand. Yes or yes?

Well, why don't we actually practice what we know. This is common sense to us. This shouldn't be new news. I thought hey I would put it all together and print off a nice morning offering. Our first thoughts of the day are our foundation. The saying, "Wow, she must have woken up from the wrong side of the bed," is true. So I made them this little frame with rocks around it and a prayer in the middle. Prayer should be the start of our day. Prayer should be part of every minute of our lives.

It's not a book, nor a nice rosary, but its a tool to start out the day with a GREAT foundation.

O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world,
in reparation for my sins,
for the intentions of all my relatives and friends,
and in particular
for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

0 comments: