May 17, 2007

Mimosa...the coolest plant you will ever see



Ever wonder what missionaries do during their time off??...

Obviously they go plant shopping.

So this past week my father went to to the nursery next to us to look at some plants. While we were looking at some herbs, we came across this plant I have never heard of.

My father knew about it and they grow wild in Cuba.

Nonetheless I now own a small mimosa of my own [also known as the sensitive plant]

I think the reason I love this plant is because I can relate to it so well. As humans when we start to become vulnerable in our relationships with people, we let go. But every once in a while we close up when people get a little too close to us. We are afraid to show our true self. We are afraid when people truly discover who we are from the good and ugly, we will no longer have anyone in our lives.

This plant teaches me that yes it's okay to tighten up, but after a while we need to open back up and let people in. We will never be able to grow unless we are true to ourselves.

I know deep, but its been one of those days.

If you want to learn more go here. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_plant]

0 comments: