September 06, 2006

It just clicked...

This photo was taken at St. Margaret Mary's Parish in Omaha. Every Wednesday during the school year there is a Mass 'n Munch at noon. Students gather from their busy schedule for mass and free lunch afterwards. As a missionary its one of my favorite days because that means I eat lunch for FREE!

I was sitting there before mass thinking... Wondering how cool it would be to see Jesus. We all have those people in our lives that we see as heroes and would love to meet and shake hands with. I mean look at the Pope, it would be pretty amazing to meet him, wouldn't it? Well, guess what being you see your hero face to face everyday, in the Eucharist. There are thousands even millions of parishes in the world that gives us the opportunity to see our hero, either in an adoration chapel or in mass. We even have the apparently to become one with Him in the Holy Sacrament of communion. Our flesh becomes one with Him. So next time, I think, man it would be exciting to just sit and talk to Jesus. Well, guess what, I can in the Eucharist. Yeah it's pretty cool I can see my hero any day or time I want. I am pretty spoiled.

0 comments: