September 05, 2006

Mother Theresa knew the heart of FOCUS...

September 5th, 1997 our Lord called Blessed Mother Theresa home. It is hard to believe that 9 years ago so many people mourn the loss of an inspiring hero and even one day declared finally a Saint. I cannot recall any other Catholic figure that created so much hope in the hearts of so many individuals Catholic or not. "Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. " Look at her beauty, she was wise and knew exactly the right words to say. Love that is tired is not contageious. As a missionary we can grow weary with all the tasks that we feel need to get done in our day. But is our number one task to love others. I know at the end of the day, I am exhausted. In her words, "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."

This weekend was amazing for sure. My team took a team trip to Lincoln to get away and do a little bonding. The highlight of the weekend had to be Saturday. I have just one other thing to say. There are no fans like Nebraska Husker fans. I have to admit I have become a fan. I even bought myself a hat. Craziness.

0 comments: