September 18, 2008

No Show

I have had one of those weeks, where I wake up and I have an agenda and feel capable to accomplish all on my sticky note, but the Lord throws me a curve ball.

Last night, I had my second Bible study of the year. I co-lead one earlier in the evening with a student leader until she feels confident to go ahead and begin as a facilitator and I am starting up a new cross-country/volleyball team Bible study. We had made our rounds made phone calls two days beforehand, and day off, written on girls facebook walls and even done some e-mailing, but no one showed up. We even saw three of the girls walking by saying they had homework to go do and one who was going on a walk with a boy. These four girls will come soon, I have the faith.

However the Lord blesses those that are patient. We sat and exchanges authentic stories of our lives and were witnesses to many students walking by who saw us praying for the girls that did not attend study.

I decided to start a second study an hour and half after the first one. Coming into the night, I was certain that no one would attend, but the Lord truly blesses those that are patient. I was stood up by a sophomore at a coffee shop on Friday, but I still had high hopes that she will come around. I decided to text message this student to see if she was coming because if not it would be another no show Bible study on the same night. She texted back very quickly and within five minutes she was down in the lobby with her New American Bible on hand and ready to go. So for the next 45 minutes we talked about Matthew 7 and the foundation of rock and sand. She openned up that night and admitted so many things she wanted to do better at with her Catholic faith. She promised to bring more friends next week and think of a "sand" item in her life that she is placing as a foundation in her life instea of God and making steps to make it disappear.

The Lords blesses those that are patient! It is you, not I.

0 comments: