September 27, 2008

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Tonight we headed to a Royals game. Yes, they lost, but guess who was on the big screen?!?! Yes that is right, you one and only. Many of you know my thoughts on baseball and I will truly be sad when the season is over, but there is always April!

But for the real reason to the post, My Big Fat Greek Wedding. We wanted to do something after the game, so we decided to have people come over and watch a movie. Let's me honest, you have seen the movie. There is a this young women who does not care much about her looks and works for her father day in and day out. Until she decides she wants to do something with her life. She goes back to school and ends up falling in love, getting married and moves right next to her parents with her new family.

However have you really ever stopped to think about the messages in the middle of the movie. She only starts caring about her personal appearance because of a man. And the reason she went to college is because she deceives her father into thinking it was his idea. Is the message we are teaching people, find a man so you can find fulfillment and if along the way you need to deceive people to get there, that is okay.

No, my friend. I know this might be the extreme, but think about it. I strive to find my fulfillment in Christ and I pray you will do the same. Don't fall into what the media is telling you. Next time you want to make a change in your life, ask God. Don't trust your own instincts unless you have taken them to prayer. Trust me on that!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that. I want to provide you backup since I imagine that folks will probably disagree with you. I'll bet you probably listen to the lyrics to songs too. Rock on; not thinking about the things we see and hear and getting excited about little cool parts is like swimming through a rat and disease infested sewer and getting excited when something neat floats by.