October 04, 2006

"I have been all things unholy."

"I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone." - St. Francis of Assisi. How many of us can relate to such a quote. I know in my life there are times when I feel unclean with my thoughts and actions. But I know God is working through me. We have to ask each morning, "LORD, WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE YOUR HEAVENLY KINGDOM EVEN LARGER." Do we want to bring a smile to our Lord's face or bring him more pain. The best thing we can do is follow HIS WILL.

I have been all things unholy, but by the graces of God, I am now being used by Him.

I cannot believe that a little less than seven months ago I was praying in the front of the tomb of St. Francis in Assisi. It moved me and has been by far my most favorite place in the world. The peace, the tranquility, and stillness in the air. I can close my eyes and see it now.

St. Francis gave up all material things to serve our Lord. Let me be reminded when I go around introducing myself to students in the student center that material worth is nothing compared to great conversation and genuine friendship. "Hi, do you mind if I keep you company?" It might seem awkward, but you never know who needs a loving ear.

0 comments: