October 17, 2006

The smallest things make the biggest difference

"The only thing I ask of you is to allow me to offer the libation of my blood to God. I am the wheat of the Lord; may I be ground by the teeth of the beasts to become the immaculate bread of Christ." - Ignatius, -- who also called himself Theophorus ("bearer of God"), was most likely a disciple of the Apostle John.

I just love stories of Saints. By tradition, he was the same little child whom Jesus placed in the midst of the disciples when He said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." [Matthew 18:2-4]
----
Today I was off to early start and the Saint of the day kept me motivated as you can tell. I was in the laundry mat when an older couple started making small talk with me. It was a great way to enjoy the time spend while your clothes gets washed. I sat there at the end a little sad they were leaving when the gentleman came up to me an said, "You know what you are a very pretty young lady, you look just like Rachael Ray, that cook on TV." The only thing I could think to say was "Thank you." But of course for those that know me, I wanted to say, "Are you kidding me, I love that girl, I like to pretend I am just like her." Yeah I was honored and still am. The smallest things and kind gestures can change someone's life. Granted the compliment had nothing to do with my character, we all like compliments here and there.

We should go back and be like children in our faith so small and innocent and be willing to always remember God is in our midst. The smallest gestures and conversations with genuine attitude is how we should return to be.

0 comments: