January 17, 2007

How to celebrate a Birthday!

So I have a good friend who had a Birthday recently and I kept thinking to myself what can I give her. I live roughly 8 hours away so I cannot see her and I am kind of poor and thought perfect I will draw her a picture.

It was something I used to do a lot three years. I would sit and draw and be the stillness of life. In this crazy world where noise is wherever it has hard to find such silence. In Bible study last week we talked about how people long for silence in their life they just don't know it. At home you have the TV the background or your computer playing a song, in the car you have the radio on, and even in the stores there is music from the speakers. Noise is everywhere.

The perfect gift was the silence she gave me while giving her a Birthday gift. I drew a simple picture of the Virgin Mary. It said, "Whoever does not wish to have Mary Immaculate as his Mother will not have Christ as his Brother... - St Maximillian Kolbe

We need our Mother to get close to Jesus. Just think, from her womb came our Savior. How can we not love her?!?! So give thanks on your Birthday for the silence and the hidden treasures you receive by giving.

0 comments: