January 03, 2007

The phrase "I love you."

So there is this joke that many family, friends, and fellow missionaries have with me saying, "I love you." If I tell you "I love you," it means I mean it. Well, to say the least I said it once in a awkward situation, so for the past few months when I say it, it always brings a smile to my face.

The past few days I have been growing through things in the attic and throwing somethings away. It's mostly material items and every once in a while I will find a treasure. Today I found this scrapbook that my mother made me for my First Communion.

Our teacher had us write a letter to Jesus and this is how it went....

Dear God,
I love you. Thanks for making the body of Christ. Thanks for making the blood. I am proud to making my Communion. It's wonderful to go to Communion. Thanks for all the things you have given me.
Love,

Tonight as lay here and think about the upcoming year, let's me recognize that I shall be thankful just as I was when I was in second grade. Lord, "I love you."

0 comments: