March 26, 2007

Crush me more and more...

I often wonder while in prayer...What the heck I got myself into? The more and more I sit in the silence of our Lord, I pray if my daily life is even His will or am I just living a life of mediocrity and not willing to step it up a little.

During lent, I went a little crazy and decided to go on a media fast, I have had a lot more time to figure out who the real me is and be able to do a lot more arts and crafts things. One being this project that took me a few days because I rarely have time to just sit and be. I hand wrote quotes and decided to burn holes and edges here and there. It truly reflects my pray life. Sometimes its on fire and the union with our Lord is so strong, but other times the fire diminishes and I am left with burnt edges of holes depending how strong that fire was. It is so funny how quickly the fire fades and we are left with ashes in our lives.

Anyway, there is a book I started reading, but haven't finished called "The Soul of the Apostolate." [Hence the title on the artwork.] There is a reason I haven't finished, you cannot read it all in one sitting. In just a few paragraphs you are left in awe about our responsibility as apostles to fulfill God's desire to aid the entrance of more of His children into His kingdom. The book truly allows you to humble yourself and know that all should be done in the glory of God.

There is a quote that says, "...crush me more and more...let me be a dust from the sand on the road...." I don't many people that pray in this manner, but I have found myself doing so lately. I need to humble myself more and let the Lord take control over my life. It is truly when I am doing the work of our Lord that I am most at peace in this world. When I am doing the things "I think need to get done" throughout the day, I am running around from one task to the next.

Lord, I ask you to crush me more and more, let this vanity in my life be taken away and let your glory shine.

0 comments: