March 01, 2007

How bad do you want it?

"If you want something that you've never had before, you must do something that you've never done."

Adam, my campus director, teammate, and friend wrote this quote at the end of an e-mail he sent to all the student leaders here on campus. He was extending the invitation to come to the "Upper room" to have fellowship, prayer, and break some bread. Always in the Gospel when our Lord talked to chosen few, it was in a setting of an upper room. It truly grasped my attention. We all have dreams and aspirations for our lives, but are we truly able to do all we can to make the effort to allow our dreams to come true.

I hope to one day be a better Catholic so my calling for discipleship with our Lord can be one hundred and ten percent fulfilled. However, am I doing everything in my daily life to make this possible. Am I am showing by my actions and words that I love our Lord to the fulfillest? Am I bringing my family and friends closer to Him? Am I even taking the time in my day to talk to our Lord daily, not just during my Holy Hour?

Sadly and thankfully my hope and dream to be a better disciple will be a life-long journey. So my friends let's do all we can do to make our dreams and hopes become reality.

When our Lord came back to his disciples in the upper room after the resurrection His first words were "Go and Make." Let's go and make, but make sure we have a intimate relationship with Him before we work for Him.

0 comments: