August 04, 2006

St. John Vianney, Pray for us.

Recommending liturgical prayer, John Vianney would say, "Private prayer is like straw scattered here and there: If you set it on fire it makes a lot of little flames. But gather these straws into a bundle and light them, and you get a mighty fire, rising like a column into the sky; public prayer is like that."

It was so good to be at mass again this morning. My car was in the shop for four days and I didn't have any form of transportation to take me. Yes, I would sit in my room and pray, but being in community with the Holy Eucharist in front of you gives you so much warmth. I thank you Lord, for this gift of Mass.

As for me, its the feast of St. John Vianney, who is the patron Saint that my team in Omaha has picked. He is such a role model. His feast day could not have come in a better time, I leave tomorrow morning. I pray for his graces to pour down upon this frighten little heart of mine. [sigh] The communion antiphon said it the best; Matthew 28:20, "And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age." Lord, thank you for being with me and continue to do in the next few days especially.

Let's give thanks today for the community our Lord has placed us in and that we remember that prayer and guidance for eachother is the most perfect gift we can give one another.

Next time, I will be in Omaha...

1 comments:

Lisa P. said...

Hey Jaqueline, I found it and in wanting to comment, I have had to set up a blog too. I am so proud of you and proud of your Mom and Dad. They are every bit as frightened as you are and in some ways even more so. It is just that way with your children. Omaha is a nice town though, and....they have the Royals too. It just makes me get tears in my eyes when I think about all you are doing and while you feel afraid, your courage is an inspiration to me. I am so excited to follow your ministry and be a part of it in whatever way that I can. God bless you dear heart and keep me (and my family) in your prayers.