August 16, 2006

A Story of Love and Courage

Today we had team bonding day. We postponed going to the Zoo and went to the movies. We went to see WTC (World Trade Center). You might be thinking, how much bonding can you have with a movie. This is not just a movie. This is a piece of HISTORY. I know I was crying the whole time and the two men on my team had tears in their eyes as well. I don't even remember crying this much with the movie The Passion.

Only 20 people were pulled from the rubble alive. Port Authority Police Sergeant John McLoughlin and Officer Will Jimeno were numbers 18 and 19. The story is not just based on two survivors, but rather the story of love and courage. These men touched my heart and many others.

In their website http://www.wtcmovie.com you can see interviews of the real men. I advise you to do this. I just finished listening to Will Jimeno and these are a few of his quotes. "Evil will never win." and "I never thought I would witness anything like 9/11, but when I stepped foot in the movie set, I felt I was standing there again."

I had never witnessed such an intense movie, this is reality. It is not a movie of vengeance or hate, but a movie of love, courage, and hope. What brought me to tears the most was a quote from Sergeant John McLoughlin when he saw his wife for the first time after his rescue, he spoke four beautiful words. I won't say them because I don't want to spoil the movie. But love does conquer all. 1 Corinthians 13 doesn't lie.

I advise you to take the Saturday and travel to your nearest movie theatre and watch WTC. Words cannot explain the love you will witness.

0 comments: