August 14, 2006

We have furniture

















At a first year campus with FOCUS, you don't have any hand me down items. The first few days were just boxes and air mattresses. But now we have everything you need to make a place feel at home. It might still seem a little bare, but it's home.

I spent the weekend with the Ybarra Family in Lincoln, NE. My campus director took me home with him and I couldn't have felt more at "home." His family knows the meaning of the word hospitality. At times in a new town where you know a feel people, but everything is still the unknown to you, it was great to surround myself with some of "tender loving care."

Tonight, I pray especially for all those individuals who treat strangers with some love. It's through acts of love that people can truly experience the love of God in a small glimpse here on earth.

0 comments: